FAQs, Privacy Terms, etc.
Custom and personalized orders
Some items can be customized, but you need to contact me prior to ordering so I can create a custom order and write it down. Any suggestions after ordering will not be done.
Custom orders for shirt colors are accepted. Just message me and we can work something out. If you put something in your notes about customization that could possibly cost me more then what you paid (glitter vinyl, different kind of shirts, more colors of vinyl on then the shirt then listed, or any other additional costs) I will not ship or make the shirt without additional payment.
What if there is a mistake in my order?
While we try our hardest to make sure that every item that leaves our shop is top notch, we are human and make mistakes. If your order arrives with noticeable imperfections or misspelled words, we want to make that right by sending you a replacement. It is your responsibility to make sure that when you send us your order that you have triple-checked all your details, from spelling to colors. We will create your order exactly the way you spell it out for us. If you have sent us wrong details and we've already made and shipped your item(s), we will not refund or replace the item. It must be photographed and sent in a message before requesting a refund or replacement.
What if my item is damaged from shipping?
All damages incurred during shipping must be photographed and emailed to us within 24 hours of receipt in order for us to file a complaint with the shipper and get your replacement sent out. All complaints should be emailed to us at email@example.com or message us on Facebook.
How long does it take to get my item?
Graphic shirt orders take 10-15 business days to ship. Boutique Clothing depends on if the item is ordered yet. If it has not been ordered it could take up to 3 weeks. If it is ready to ship it will be less than a week.
How do you ship?
First off please be sure your shipping address is 100% correct before submitting your order, any shipping errors or returns to me will be an additional cost to you. I will not ship them again until additional payment has been received.
Shipping will be through USPS.
Tracking can be provided. Insurance available upon request.
You may also update your shipping to quicker methods upon request.
The products are either shipped in a polymailer or a heavily taped box.
Can I cancel my order?
Shirt orders must be canceled within 2 hours of purchase. All changes to an order must be submitted within 2 hours of purchase as well.
Please wash your shirt inside out on delicate with cold water for the first few washes. DO NOT USE FABRIC SOFTENER. Washing instructions will be sent with purchase.
Returns and Exchanges
There will be a restocking fee on any returns. Restocking fee is the cost of the item and vinyl to put on the item. Custom items can not be returned.
Items for exchanges will be ordered after I receive yours in the mail upon inspection.
For sizing questions please ask for a size chart so there is no need to return.
Sezzle is a payment processing provider. It allows you to make weekly payments. The Farmer Took a Wife has a $20 minimum purchase to use with Sezzle. There is no interest charge for you to use Sezzle.
Information I Collect
To fulfill your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, mailing address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order, for example), if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
How Long I Store Your Information
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Ashley Frese, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.