As a mom one of the things we have to do when our young children are in school is make or get snacks to celebrate birthdays. My oldest is turning 7 the day after school gets out this week, so we are taking treats on Monday. This year we wanted to try something different than cupcakes or brownies! We hope you enjoy this addicting birthday cake puppy chow.
Birthday Cake Puppy Chow
4.5 cups of Chex Cereal
4 tablespoons of unsalted butter, slice them
16 oz of white chocolate melting chips
1 tsp almond extract
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup powdered sugar
2/3 cups sprinkles
Optional M & Ms
1. Poor the cereal in a bowl.
2. Add the butter, almond extract, vanilla extract, and melting chips to a stovetop pan. Melt. Stir continuously.
3. Poor the stovetop mixture on the chex mix immediately after fully melting. Stir the mixture.
4. Put the mixture in a big ziploc bag. Add powdered sugar. Shake the bag to coat.
5. Add the sprinkles. Shake bag again.
6. After you make sure it is cool enough you can add extras like m & ms.
We did triple the recipe with our big bowl pictured.
*TIP: MAKE SURE YOU USED MELTING CHIPS, WHICH ARE USUALLY FOUND IN THE CAKE DECORATING AISLE. THEY MELT EASIER.